Hello! I’m Carol A. Kinney, but feel free to call me Carol.
I’d like to take a few minutes to tell you a little bit about myself and why I write this blog.
Some important things about my family:
- I’m a Christian and a long-time member of the Reformed Church in America.
- I have been married to my husband Joe for nearly 24 years.
- We have two grown children whom we are so proud of and enjoy spending time with them whenever we can get everyone together which isn’t easy.
- We have two fur babies: Figaro and Lucy.
- I am the primary caregiver for my elderly mother.
- I love the television show The West Wing
- I love to read
- I love to travel
- I love to create things, and have my own Etsy shop and Facebook page where I make and sell tie dyed clothing and upcycled gifts.
- I love social media, especially Pinterest.
- I want to serve God.
Why I blog about Christian Persecution:
When I was a baby Christian, I was moved to tears every time we sang One Bread, One Body and Here I am, Lord knowing that I was being called by God to serve him in a unique way.
I just never imagined what that would mean until I was introduced to the plight of Christians around the world by a former pastor. After reading God Smuggler, my heart knew that this is how I was being directed.
During my time serving as deacon and mission team leader in my former congregation, I spent a great deal of time talking to the congregation about what Christians around the world were experiencing. I even went back to school, earning my degrees in Biblical Studies at the University of Northwestern and Public Relations at California Baptist University.
My dream is to one day serve the Lord and his people, our brothers and sisters in Christ, by working for a mission organization. Until that dream is realized, I continue to follow and educate myself about Christian persecution.